It may also provide relief for signs of chronic urticaria or hives and other skin allergic reactions. It is generic of Zyrtec.
What else should I know about this product?
ClassificationPharmacy Only Medicine
Active Ingredients10mg cetirizine hydrochloride
DosageAdults and children over 6 years of age;
The usual daily dose is one tablet (10mg) as a single dose.
Children 1 - 6 years; 5mg as a single dose.
In children over 6 years of age, the daily dose of 10mg is given as a single or divided dose, due to the effects of Histaclear not lasting as long in children. Individuals will vary in their response to medicines and this applies to Histaclear also.
WarningsWhen you must not take it;
Do not take Histaclear if you have an allergy to any of the following:
· any medicine containing cetirizine
· hydroxyzine (another antihistamine related to cetirizine)
· any of the ingredients listed at the end of this information.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to Histaclear may include shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body; rash, itching or hives on the skin.
Do not use Histaclear in children less than 1 year of age.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure whether you should take this medicine.
Before you take it;
Tell your pharmacist or doctor if:
· You are allergic to any other medicines, foods, preservatives or dyes
· You have epilepsy (fits/seizures/convulsions)
· You have kidney problems
· You have any other medical conditions
· You are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Your pharmacist or doctor can discuss with you the risks and benefits involved.
If you have not told your pharmacist or doctor about any of the above, tell them before you take Histaclear .
Taking other medicines;
If you are taking any other medicines, including any you get without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop, talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
We always use this brand. my son finds this one best for his ongoing allergies
Histaclear works well for me, helping keep my Hayfever under control.
These tablets are really good.